Friday, November 19, 2010

And The Winner Is...

As I read Kay Arthur's Facebook status this morning I was encouraged.  It said, "Don't you want your life to be an expression of the truth that Jesus Christ is worthy of honor, of glory, of blessing? To demonstrate His worthiness? One day beloved, Revelation 4:11 will be our song as we join others from every tribe and tongue and nation before the throne of God! Start practicing now!"

So I opened up Blue Letter Bible and read the verse: 
Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for You created all things, and by Your will they existed and were created. Revelation 4:11
Two things jump out at me!  She spoke of the truth and the verse says all things.  I know that satan is a created being and he made the choice to be what he is.  I know and believe that in all things includes the good things that satan has taken and turned bad.   I know and believe the ending of His story, the only story that really matters!  I am gaining an wee bit of understanding of the Millennial Kingdom and Eternal Order to come.  All I can say is WOW.  I have to tell you that is some exciting stuff.  I live on the hope of eternity and His Kingdom and that Jesus is Lord in all circumstances, all hurts and He will be glorified.  It may not be the way my little mind wants but I have to submit my will and hurts to His because He is Lord and I am not.  (Thankfully)   

I am a blog reader.  I am going to have to admit it.  I used to think it was all nonsense but I have seen Jesus and His love from my friends that write blogs and people I don't personally know.  I love to read blogs, books, quotes on subjects and commentaries on God's word that are so outdated you automatically think they are too old to be relevant!  Again and again I am reminded that Christ's words (THE TRUTH) are ALIVE and never changing.  Read a little A.W. Tozer or Oswald Chambers and you will see what I mean. These dudes are dead but their words are more relevant today than probably when they wrote them long ago. Now these are just men, ordinary men that love God.  Their writings cannot nor should not ever replace the Word of God. That being said, the words they wrote are relevant because they are based on the love of scripture and their love of Christ.  Amazing.


When you feel like you don't have hope, hope in Christ.  When you feel like you will never really be happy again, focus on the ending of the story, His story, the story we are living out this very day.  Jesus Christ is bigger than all our circumstances, than physical infirmities and emotional pain.  Jesus Christ is bigger than our limited understanding. I am amazed over and over again at the invisible body of Christ and His ability to use each and every one of us in the lives of others.  Each and every circumstance. You can't make that up.  We believers are the hands and feet of Jesus.  We do not serve a dead god or a little statue or read a book that one little man wrote. His Holy Word is alive and changes lives every day, every moment.  We serve the living God. Jesus is alive, risen and He is coming back for those whose hearts are His.  Be ready.


1 comment:

  1. AMEN! Girl, we're on the same wave-length!! ;)

    ReplyDelete