Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Don't Lose Heart

2 Corinthians 4:1 Therefore, having this ministry by the mercy of God, we do not lose heart was my verse today that Dennis Rainey posted on FB earlier today.  This really grabbed my attention as I had been thinking on faithfulness all morning.  How many times we find ourselves at the crossroad between the easy way out or walking the long and often lonely hard road.  As I sat down to make my list of ten things I was thankful for this morning, I found the battle of trying to fight my way out of the fog of sadness that sometimes sneaks up and grabs hold of me and won't let go.  My good friend calls these times the "FP".. (fetal position) and it is a good reminder for me to not give up, persevere, push on and choose to be steadfast when I feel like giving up. I am determined to walk in belief of what I cannot see, what I don't feel but know with absolute certainty is Truth.  This morning a man was speaking and defining what exactly faith is....  From what he spoke on I away with, "faith is hearing what God says and living like I believe it."  I have told my girls that the thing I want to hear at the end of my life is Jesus saying "well done".   I know I mess up, I know I fail, say the wrong thing at times and I struggle with a capital S being patient.  But my heart, my hearts desire, is to be pleasing to the Lord.  Pleasing to Him in the time He has given me here with my girls, my friends, my family and church family.  Recently Leah Taylor spoke about we are born, then we die.  What matters is what we do with the dash in between.  No matter what you find yourself going through, do not lose heart.  Cling to Truth, seek Him and live in faith of His promises.  Make that dash one that has eternal value in the lives of others.   

3 comments:

  1. A word I needed today, Melissa. Thank you for laying your heart open and letting others in to know what God wants to do for His daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, MM. Great word, and one I completely relate to. Seems so much easier just to crawl up in that "FP". Thank you for your encouragement and transparency.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you from Blogfrog,
    Thanks for sharing nice blog.
    Invite you to join my Blogfog community and my blog.
    http://theblogfrog.com/1233755
    http://beonefineday.blogspot.com
    Have a nice Friday.
    Nan

    ReplyDelete