Monday, November 8, 2010

Thankful Hearts

Several women in my life right now going through very hard emotional and spiritual battles.  They are fighting feeling defeated, unloved, and joyless to name a few of the emotions.  It would be lying if I did not include myself in this same category.  I have watched people I love make choices that grieve my heart to its very core.  A broken heart and hurt can come in so many ways and rip lives apart out of the clear blue.  No one is immune to hurt.  

Yesterday our Pastor challenged us to begin making a list of ten things we are thankful for.
 
Today I am thankful for the blessings in the midst of the struggles.  
Thankful for my incredible little girls.  
Thankful for godly women in my life.  
Thankful for the laughter and long-suffering of friendships.  
Thankful for the families that model Christ in our lives.  
Thankful for the hope I have in Christ Jesus…  
The freedom to gather with other believers and study His Word.
Thankful for a church that is not perfect but stands on the Word of God.
Thankful for the freedom to speak the name of Jesus.
Thankful for our home.

I realize as I go over this and more in my mind, I have so much to be thankful for, this is just the tip of the iceberg.  His goodness is everywhere.  

Francis Frangipane says, “The thankful heart sees the best part of every situation. It sees problems and weaknesses as opportunities, struggles as refining tools, and sinners as saints in progress.”  

All I can say is Lord let me have eyes that see, a heart that is all yours and take away any unbelief in me.  Make me willing, guard my heart, and protect us from the thief and robber who want to steal and destroy the things to which he has no title.  Let me be a warrior for Your Truth, Your Word.  

I read somewhere today that I cannot find again that a heart that isn’t thankful is a heart that is held in bondage of bitterness.  Don’t let your heart be hardened by the world, circumstances, losses, hurts or trials you find yourself in.  Give thanks.  
 Oh give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever!  1 Chronicles 16:34

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful to have you in my life. Thanks for sharing your girls with us this weekend. I miss them!

    ReplyDelete