Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful in Everything...

There are times when we read these verses that speak of being thankful in all your circumstances when the first thing that comes out of my mouth has been, "uh, really?"  As soon as my mind starts down this rabbit trail, His Spirit reminds me of all the things that I do have to be thankful for in spite of the external circumstances I tend to dwell on.  Even in the darkest hours, I have great memories.  They may be bittersweet at times, but I know the meaning of unconditional love in the midst of brokenness.  I have a heart capable of tremendous love.  Love for the Lord, love for my children, love for others.  


I have three incredibly smart girls who seek to know Jesus who look up to me and love and trust me.  They make me laugh.  They make me not take myself too seriously.  Two of the three love coffee.  They all have a desire to please, laugh and walk around singing songs about Jesus.  Even though they don't understand, they still praise Him.  I am thankful for the many lessons I have learned from my children.  They are truly gifts from the Lord.  I love my children and am thankful for each of them.  


We have family that we love and miss very much.  My children have grandparents who love them and love us.  We have a wealth and I mean an abundance wealth of friends that God has blessed us with.  In His goodness, He has surrounded me with people firmly grounded in Him. Friends who model Christ in our lives and in the lives of my children.  We have beds to sleep on, shoes to on our feet and food in the pantry. The gratefulness these blessings puts in my heart floods my soul.  I spent the early morning this morning giving thanks for each of them and the impact they have had in my life and the lives of my three girls.    


Most of all, I am thankful that He has used my circumstances to show love and compassion to others that I would not have had otherwise. I am thankful for His redemption and the change knowing Jesus has made in me. I am a new creation in Christ. I have the ability to show and feel the hurts of others because I have been there, I am there with them.  I can honestly say God is good, He is my strength, my hope.  His goodness overflows in my life even when all seems dark.  It is never hopeless, His strength and grace never fail.  His grace abounds in the catastrophe of LIFE.  His mercies are new every morning.  Lord I thank You for this day and for Your goodness in my life.    


Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment