Thursday, December 2, 2010

Hope

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune--without the words,
And never stops at all,

And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.

I've heard it in the chillest land,
And on the strangest sea;
Yet, never, in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me.

 by Emily Dickinson

Have you lost hope?  Are you feeling rejected, unloved or just plain blah?  That is the enemy.  We are each wonderfully and beautifully created in His image.  He does have a plan and a purpose for each of us.  Seek Him, stay faithful to Him.  His mercies are new every morning.  A dear friend gave me some verses yesterday that she has been praying for my family, particularly my oldest daughter.  They were exactly the words my dry soul needed to stop and hear.  
"But I call to God and the LORD will save me.  Evening and morning and at noon I utter my complaint and moan, and He hears my voice.  He redeems my soul in safety from the battle that I wage, for many are arrayed against me." Ps 55:16-18
Last night the poem above was something I heard and it was still stirring around in my head this morning.  God cares for the little birds, He feeds them, they don't worry or fret.  Oh the lessons I can learn from a little bird!

Jesus gives hope, strength, and courage to get through the dark times.  If I have learned anything in the last ten years, it is that God moves in the darkness. (Genesis 1:2-4)  He works when we can't see and He works even in our unbelief.  Stand strong in whatever storm your going through, choose to serve Him in your circumstances whatever they may be.  

3 comments:

  1. Love this!! "God moves through darkness"... I've never though of that. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. His mercies ARE new every morning...your post is one for me in the wee hours of this morning. Thank you, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice post. Thanks for linking it up to Lazy Wed Walk!

    The Lazy Mom
    www.imalazymom.com

    ReplyDelete