Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Create in Me a Clean Heart, O God

Praying His Word
 Be merciful to me, O God, because of Your constant love. Because of our great mercy wipe away my sins!   Wash away all my evil and make me clean from my sin!  (Jesus saves!)  I recognize my faults; I am always conscious of my sins.  (I want to forgive myself and forgive others as You forgive me Lord!)  I have sinned against You - only against You - and done what You consider evil. So You are right in judging me; You are justified in condemning me.  (No matter how I look or appear to others, You know my heart and my intentions, You are God and God alone.)  I have been evil from the day I was born; from the time I was conceived, I have been sinful.  (As an obedient child, let my conduct be holy)  Sincerity and truth are what You require; fill my mind with Your wisdom. (Your people die from a lack of knowledge, create a desire for Your Word in me)  Remove my sin, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. (I cannot be good enough on my own, I cannot work my way into heaven.  Your grace.)  Let me hear the sounds of joy and gladness; and though You have crushed me and broken me, I will be happy once again. (Joy comes in the morning, each day is a new day and Your mercies are new!  Thank You.)  Close Your eyes to my sins and wipe out all my evil.  (As far as the East is from the West...)  Create a pure heart in me, O God, and put a new and loyal spirit in me. (Let my heart not stray, let us be love You with all our mind, soul, heart and strength!)  Do not banish me from Your presence; do not take Your Holy Spirit away from me. (Let me hear You, help me to be still and know that You are God!)  Give me again the joy that comes from Your salvation, and make me willing to obey You. (Not out of duty but out of love for You and Your people, for the lost that walk among us)   Then I will teach sinners Your commands, and they will turn back to You.  Spare my life, O God, and save me, and I will gladly proclaim Your righteousness.  Help me to speak, Lord, and I will praise You. (Your words, Your will, not mine)  You do not want sacrifices, or I would offer them; You are not pleased with burnt offerings.  My sacrifice is a humble spirit, O God; You will not reject a humble and repentant heart.  AMEN

Psalm 51:1-17

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Melissa; I needed this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words, Your will, not mine

    Absolutely! Thanks for joining me, see you this week!

    ReplyDelete