Friday, January 28, 2011

One Word

Our church has been seeking God to move in our lives and in our church through 40 days of prayer and fasting.  We will be holding a solemn assembly January 30, 2011.  It would take days and many pages to blog about what I have witnessed and learned during this time.  God has been moving in my life and the lives of those around me in amazing ways.  It is exciting to witness and experience.  Honestly, in the beginning, I secretly wondered if I was going to miss hearing Him and seeing Him move.  I am looking forward to Sunday with anticipation and a little fear.



Several of us have been keeping journals for the last 40 days leading up to Olive Baptist Church’s solemn assembly called by Pastor Ted Traylor.  Wednesday night as Leah Taylor was teaching and preparing the women for this upcoming Sunday, I prayed and wrote a question in mine.  “What does God want me to be?”  Coming out of some difficult times, I often think on this.

Recently, I heard on K-LOVE radio, the discussion about having one word for the year 2011.  One word, a word from the Lord about what you want your life to be about in 2011.  I remember thinking there are so many words, how in the world can there be just one?  One word for a whole year!  A friend and I discussed the one word idea.  We both felt it had to be more than just one.  I prayed and ask the Lord if He had one word for me, let me know it.

Today, He gave me my word. 

Willing.  One word.  One word that had a huge impact on me.  One word for 2011 and beyond.  The Lord answered the quickly uttered prayer.  Be willing.  He has prepared a way for me, whether I turn to the right or the left, my ears will hear a voice behind me, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.”  (Isaiah 30:21)  I need to be willing to let Him lead me, change me, willing to listen.  Willing to let God do something new in my life.  Willing to be uncomfortable and willing ‘to have my life interrupted!’ (Thank you Kelly Reeser!)  I need to be willing to let go and let God.  



Only God could give me the one word that would resonate in my heart like this.  El Roi, the God Who Sees, He Who is Ever-present; All-knowing; Father to the fatherless; Husband; Keeper; Refiner; Sovereign Lord.

Am I nervous?  No doubt.  Am I willing?  Yes. 

LINKS:  

No comments:

Post a Comment