Monday, May 2, 2011

Actions have consequences.

Osama is dead.  Many people, especially those who lost loved ones, are rejoicing over yesterday's announcement that he is dead.  He was a leader of a network of terrorists.  I am not foolish enough to believe that his death ends it with this group of terrorists.  However, I found myself with mixed feelings.  I am glad he is dead on one hand but know that he has met the one true God, YHWY, Creator, LORD and Judge.  I am pretty certain it wasn't what he was expecting or what he has led his followers to believe.  With all the death and destruction we have seen recently due to tornadoes and floods, it is hard to get happy over OBL being killed. 




We are each responsible for our choices and while we are not flying planes into buildings, we each need Jesus as our Savior.  There is no other way to The Father but through Christ Jesus.  Even David who was a man after God's own heart was crushed and broken over his sin against God. He was a young shepherd boy, killer of Goliath, hunted by King Saul to later become King.

In Psalm 38:3-9 David writes, "Because of your wrath there is no health in my body; my bones have no soundness because of my sin. 4 My guilt has overwhelmed me like a burden too heavy to bear. 5 My wounds fester and are loathsome because of my sinful folly. 6 I am bowed down and brought very low; all day long I go about mourning. 7 My back is filled with searing pain; there is no health in my body. 8 I am feeble and utterly crushed; I groan in anguish of heart. 9 All my longings lie open before you, O Lord; my sighing is not hidden from you."  



Nothing is hidden from God.  He knows our hearts, our thoughts and our motives.  We are not guaranteed to live out the end of today.  Any one of us could be swept away in a tornado, killed in an accident, our heart stop beating. My heart is heavy for the lives lost recently who were not being hunted by our military for the crimes committed against our country.  They were just going on living their daily lives as were the people killed 9-11-01.  Are you ready?  Are you ready to meet Jesus?   



No comments:

Post a Comment