Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Don't rock the boat.

Is it possible to get out of the boat without rocking it?

To get out of the boat, you have to rock it.  It is not possible to do it any other way.  Recently I was asked why I bother standing against the social issues that threaten families. Do I believe it really makes a difference? These questions were in regard to the AFA Boycott (link to AFA) against companies and retailers.  I believe in boycotts against companies who don't remain neutral to the cultural war against families. I believe individuals should stand for what we believe, I believe we are called to.  What surprises me the most is the huge number of Christians or professed believers that ignore the war against morality and the shocking plunge our society is taking.  They remain indifferent and choose to ignore it.

Are we holding true to our profession of faith by doing nothing?  Are we so conditioned to the immorality and sin that it no longer even bothers us?  By doing nothing, by remaining neutral, who wins?

The Message Paraphrase reads "I know you inside and out, and find little to my liking. You're not cold, you're not hot - far better to be either cold or hot!  You're stale. You're stagnant. You make Me want to vomit." Revelation 3:15-16. 

Pretty strong words to the body of Christ on being lukewarm and indifferent.  

In my Sunday school women's class, Brandy Boutwell taught the four stages of sin in our lives.  First we abhor it.  Then we ignore it.  Then we tolerate it.  Lastly, we participate in it. 

Never tire of doing what is right.  As Charles Spurgeon is quoted saying, "If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to hell over our bodies."

1 comment:

  1. Being a true christian we need to share the word of God and He said to His word that we are ambassador of Christ. We must be vigilant and boldly enough to war against the evil deeds. God bless your ministry and my prayer is that He expand His territory through your ministry. May the Lord empower your discipleship class.

    ReplyDelete