Sunday, June 12, 2011

just be still

Struggles are hard and we all face them, no one is immune.  I had a friend text me recently about God being the lifter of my head.  I want Him to be, I want that more than any one could ever know.  I want to cease striving.  Too often I am trying to fix things, reacting to our hurts, fighting for or against something. I want to stop struggling...believe more, trust Him more.  Honestly, I fail more than not.  Being still is so hard (I struggle to be still!), ..just letting go, that is something I am asking the Lord to change in me.  I am learning to stop asking "Why?" and replacing it with "What is His purpose for me?" 

He is the Lifter of my head.  He is the Healer of my heart.  He is The God Who Sees.  He has never left me alone.  He loves me.  He loves me.

When I want to quit, He calls me to stand.  I am thankful for His grace and mercy, every day.


Lord, take away my unbelief.


1 comment:

  1. Melissa, as I was reading your post this morning, a song came to my heart. I'm attaching it here. There were times when I would hear this song and weap over the fact that I couldn't see Him picking me up . . . in fact I couldn't even sing these words . . . just wept; Still He knew.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyzfOA98gCI

    Please know I am praying for you and your girls. I pray your life is touched by the Hand of God today in such a way you are left in awe of His goodness.

    ReplyDelete