Monday, July 18, 2011

Being set apart...

We just wrapped up the first week of reading the Bible in 90 Days with Mom's Toolbox.  It has been really good to just sit and read the Old Testament, not studying...just reading.  I am a very visual reader and I have all the scenes running in my head as I read.  The sacrifices and the enormity of it I cannot even begin to really imagine.  So many things jumped out at me as I was reading.  I tried to put myself in that time period and taking my dove, grain or lamb to be offered.  I imagined walking there and hoping that I had remembered all the sins I needed to repent for, known and unknown...the dread of that alone was overwhelming.



Another biggie for me was the preparation of Aaron and the priests.  The things they had to do to be consecrated for service, outside and inside.  Can you imagine having to have the right heart to go before the Lord for not only yourself but the people?  The Old Testament always makes me think of the lack of respect and reverence we have for the LORD, for Jesus, for worship and for His Word today.  Just think how casually and carelessly the Name of Jesus and G-d are tossed around.  I think of all the things that I put before the Lord, that I think I cannot "do without"... like my coffee, iPhone, internet, Facebook....

There are too many things that my kids see as a priority to me without me uttering a word.  Thank You Lord for Your unending grace and mercy every minute of every day.  Praying for a renewed reverence for His church and His people.




3 comments:

  1. It is beautiful to just read and soak God's word. Thank you for this reminder and for sharing what He is doing in simplicity. LY friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to read that your first week went so well; keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your life is never going to be the same after these 90 days!!! Can't wait to see what God's gonna do!

    ReplyDelete